Please order early for Christmas we may have to close around the 12th to ensure all orders can be posted out in time
Inkle Loom –comparable in weave length to Ashford and Schacht looms
Recent customer quote “…my Inkle Loom is ‘Up and Running’ and I am really enjoying using it. It is much better than my old loom! I have been using it at (a National Heritage site) where it has been greatly admired by other volunteers and visiting members of the public”
With the success of out large Extra Long Weave Inkle Loom (over 8m possible weave) we are introducing a smaller version. This compares very favourably with the standard Ashford and Schacht Inkle Looms
Ours is 2″ shorter on the base than the Ashford, but 2¼” taller (13.5″) and has 13 (4″ wide) pegs instead of 11 (3″) on some other well known looms
- Compact size – easy to assemble
- Integrated – swivel out stabilisers / stand
- Versatile – many potential user set configurations
- Inkle or tablet weaving
- Make precise heddles on the frame by using 1 peg and the tension peg
- Right or left handed frame option – just ask
- Upgradable – longer weave – extra and longer peg sets available
- Prefer 5″pegs with this loom? This can be done at the time of purchase by contacting us before ordering so we can amend the order.
- Made in North Yorkshire – shipped around the world
- For reference as recommended by a leading UK weaver – “Weaver’s Inkle Pattern Directory: 400 Warp-Faced Weaves”
.Currently made to order with delivery under 2 weeks
Minimum weave on our loom about 1.8m (similar Ashford loom about 1.3m)
Maximum weave with 13 pegs ….m. Additional peg pairs can be bought separately to extend the weave length..
Base length 2′ (60cm) height 13.5″ (34cm). NOTE:- Export models are 25mm shorter so as to pack under 600mm and reduce postage costs.
Supplied with 13 x 22mm dia x 4″ long pegs. (Ashford pegs 3″)
Timber – Beech – hand sanded and oiled prior to dispatch.
Being UK made it hasn’t far to travel unlike other brands which are from 3,500 – 11,600 miles !!