Please order early for Christmas we may have to close around the 12th to ensure all orders can be posted out in time
Inkle Loom –British handmade Extra long weave – smaller versions comparable in weave length to Ashford and Schacht available.
“As recently demonstrated in use by one of our customers at the famous Anglo-Saxon royal burial site of Sutton Hoo, visitor’s centre”
Recent customer quote “…my Inkle Loom is ‘Up and Running’ and I am really enjoying using it. It is much better than my old loom! I have been using it at (a National Heritage site) where it has been greatly admired by other volunteers and visiting members of the public”
Our long weave version has 19 pegs and provides a longer weave than other commercially produced Inkle looms available in the UK.
- Compact size – easy to assemble
- Integrated – swivel out stabilisers / stand
- Versatile – many potential user set configurations
- Inkle or tablet weaving
- Right or left handed frame option – just ask
- Upgradable – longer weave -extra and longer peg sets available
- Made in North Yorkshire – shipped around the world
- For reference as recommended by a leading UK weaver – “Weaver’s Inkle Pattern Directory: 400 Warp-Faced Weaves”
On completion we hand sand and Linseed Oil the frame unlike other commercial frames.
Made to order and to your specification if required
The frame is 3′ (900mm) long on the base, stands 0.4m (17″) high with 4½” long pegs of ¾” diameter.
Each peg has a 2″ steel core.
Total weave length available from 1.7m / 5’6″ (though you can or course weave 1 or multiple small projects with that) right up to 8.4m (27’6″)
Frame assembly about 5 minutes, screwdriver required.
We don’t recommend floor standing versions as they’re awkward to use and tedious to set up.